|Spinach with garlic and apples|| |
Recipe type: Side dish
Serves: 4 people
This is a simple recipe packed with flavor, micronutrients and all around goodness! Variations this recipe are served in local DC tapas restaurants and it is based on a traditional Spanish recipe.
- 1 bag (9-12 ounces) baby spinach, washed and dried
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1-2 apple cut into small cubes. a tart, firm apple such as a green apple works well
- 2-3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add garlic to heated olive oil to release the flavor of the garlic. Sautee 1-2 minutes on low heat.
- Add apples and saute until apples start to become slighty translucent and soft
- Add spinach to pan with medium flame. The spinach will wilt and shrink in size quickly. Stir rapidly so spinach on top is moved to bottom and has chance to cook. The spinach will cook within a few minutes. The goals is for wilted spinach. Be careful to no overcook the leaves.
- Add pine nuts into pan and gently mix around. Add salt and pepper for taste.