|Peach Quinoa Salad|| |
Recipe type: Salad/Ancient Grain
This is a simple and delicious recipe with sweet, sour and salty tastes that will satisfy every liking.
- 1 medium-large peach, chopped
- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa
- ½ red pepper, chopped
- ½ small onion, chopped
- handful of fresh chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- several cranks of pepper from mill (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Boil quinoa in salted water according to package instructions.
- Drain and let cool.
- In a bowl, add peach, pepper, onion, parsley and mix.
- Add quinoa to fruit and vegetables and stir gently.
- In small bowl, whisk oil and vinegar.
- Pour over quinoa salad and toss with salt and pepper.
- May also add/substitute chopped mango.