|Mixed Vegetable Frittata|| |
Serves: 6 servings
Fritatta is an egg-based Italiian dish, similar to an omelette or quiche, without a crust.
- 8 eggs, gently beaten
- ½ cup milk or cream
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup of shredded cheese of choice: cheddar or monterey jack work well
- 6 teaspoon dollops of cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute onion and pepper in olive oil and melted butter, until onion becomes translucent. Add tomatoes to soften under the heat. Set aside mixture.
- Spray 9 inch round pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour beaten egg mixture into pie pan and stir in milk or cream.
- Stir in pepper, onions and tomato mixture.
- Stir in cheese.
- Stir in spinach until covered by egg mixture.
- Gently place cream cheese dollops into pan.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Place into oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until center of frittata is firm.
- Remove from oven. Serve with salsa, field greens or bread.