|Crispy Brussel Sprouts|| |
Recipe type: Vegetarian
Brussel sprouts are packed with vitamins, anti-oxidants and anti-cancer fighting properties. Roasting at a high temperature makes these sprouts crispy and flaky. After cutting, spread the outer leaves away from the sprout to add to the flakiness.
- 1- 1½ pound brussel sprouts, bottom stem cut off and then cut in half
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- juice of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Gently peel outer leaves partly away from head of brussel sprouts.
- In bowl, place sprouts, olive oil and kosher salt and 4-5 turns of pepper mill. Toss well to mix.
- Place on baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
- Mix and turn sprouts on sheet. Squeeze juice of one lemon on sprouts and cook for about 5-10 minutes more.
- Remove when outer leaves of sprouts are brown and crispy. (not black)
- Enjoy at once.
Leave a Reply