|Cauliflower Crusted Margarita Pizza|| |
Recipe type: Vegetarian, Gluten free
This is a delicious way to transform a head of cauliflower into a vegetarian, gluten free treat. It tastes delicious and is hard to believe that this pizza is made from cauliflower.
- 1 large head of cauliflower or 2 small heads
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese (for the crust)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (for the crust)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1 teaspoon garlic power
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- several turns of cracked pepper from mill
- 1 tablespoon almond flour (optional)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- fresh basil leaves
- tomato slices
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cut florets from head of cauliflower.
- Place into flood processor and pulse into fine granular consistency.
- Place into microwaveable bowl and microwave on high for 4½ minutes.
- Let cool.
- Place cauliflower into clean towel and wring about excess liquid, This takes a little elbow grease and you could yield up to a half cup of liquid. Make sure cauliflower is adequately cooled for this.
- Put remaining cauliflower in bowl with mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, spices, olice oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper and mix well.
- Add eggs and knead into a balls of dough about 3 inches in diameter. A three inch ball will make a 10 inch pizza. You will probably have enough four 3 pizzas.
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet and spray with non-stick spray.
- Press ball into flattened pizza dough, about ¼ inch thick. Should be approximately 10 inches in diameter,
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until crust slightly browns.
- Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes.
- Top with tomato sauce, mozarella cheese, sliced tomatoes, and basil. Sprinkle with Italian herbs.
- Place back into oven and bake until cheese melts and bubbles, about 8 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy. Repeat until all dough used.
- A large cauliflower head could yield up to 3 pizzas.