|Beet Salad with Arugula and Citrus|| |
Recipe type: Salad/Appetizer
This is a delicious, flavorful salad that tastes like it comes from a fine restaurant!
- 4-6 medium roasted beets, sliced or quartered
- 1 orange or ½ grapefruit, sliced thinly
- 1 avocado sliced
- 5-6 cups of arugula
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes sliced (optional)
- 5-6 ounces of chèvre cheese or ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Vinaigrette dressing
- Place layer of arugula greens in flat bowl.
- Arrange beets, citrus, avocado, tomatoes over arugula.
- Slice chevre cheese and place on top of salad or sprinkle feta cheese on top.
- Drizzle vinaigrette (preferably homemade) dressing over top. For this salad, I made an Apricot Vinaigrette and prefer dressing with a hint of sweetness. Click below to get my recipe.
- Toss with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with pretty serving spoons and enjoy!
Click here for the recipe for Apricot Vinaigrette.