|Baba Ganoush|| |
Recipe type: Appetizer
This is a family recipe which makes a delicious dip for pita chips, carrots, cucumbers or other vegetables. Full of nutrients, low in calorie and very filling, it is a great substitute for traditional "chips and dip."
- 1-2 pounds eggplant
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup tahini (sesame paste)
- juice from whole lemon
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- kalamata olives to garnish
- salt to taste
- Slice eggplant in half. Use fork to stab eggplant in multiple places. This will allow the vegetable to release steam. Place on baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in preheated oven at 400 degrees
- Bake for 5 minutes and flip eggplant.
- Lower temperature to 375 degrees and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Flip eggplant again and bake for another 10 minutes until eggplant is very soft.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Scoop meat from skins of eggplant and place in mixing bowl.
- Use fork to mash the eggplant until chunky.
- Add garlic, tahini, lemon juice, cumin, olive oil and mix well.
- Place in flat bowl or serving platter and spread out in thin layer. Garnish with olives and parsley and enjoy with pita chips or raw vegetables.